Monday, October 4, 2010

Rediscovering Your Bliss

So lately I've been feeling quite uninspired. I didn't start this blog so that I could whine out in cyber space (I've got my sister's facebook page for that). I've felt like my creative brain has been on pause or maybe completely turned off. I've looked at blogs and talked to other designers and creatives but no matter what I did I just couldn't get excited about design. Of course, I was basically doing all the same stuff - which tends to be pretty uninspiring when you've been doing that same stuff for eight years. Although, I'm very happy to have a job and work with some very nice people. :)

But recently I had the opportunity to design a logo for O'Seven Eleven Creations. After a ton of concepts and a lot of self-doubt, I came up with two ideas that I was pretty proud of. The final logo was "LOVED" by my client! And last night I went to bed in full-on bliss. Now I remember why I do what I do. Now I remember the high I get from good design and making a client happy. I could barely go to sleep last night because I was so anxious to get to work on two other design projects that I have in the works! And, you know what, this is actually making my current hum-drum job seem more fun. Amazing how that works.

Check out the final design:
So, what makes you rediscover your bliss, if you've ever lost it?

3 comments:

  1. omg! I didn't even put together that you did that design! I just "liked" her page on facebook! Well, it looks amazing sis! great job!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Felicia!!! She did an *amazing* job, and I am FOREVER grateful!!

    The best way to regain my bliss, I've found, is to MAKE myself start somewhere. For me, even if its a simple card, it gets my hands back in there, makes me get messy, and makes me start remembering what I love so much about my creative world.

    ReplyDelete