Monday, June 14, 2010

Creative Surge

I have had the creative surge lately. All you artists out there know what I'm talking about. The irresistible urge to create...something. Not that I've done anything about it, but I feel it, you know. It's a very interesting, unique, restless feeling that I think only creatives experience.

I haven't picked up a pencil, pastel, charcoal, paint brush, etc. in a long time. "Long time" is probably an understatement. Probably not since, oh, I don't know, college! How sad. Actually, that's not true. I have done a few creative projects along the way but, for the most part, life has gotten in the way of creativity. And I should say I'm talking about the creativity that produces art that is not digital. Working as a graphic designer, I do get to be creative every once in a while.

Anyway, I feel super rusty in the drawing/sketching department so about a week ago I thought I'd like to commit to sketching a little everyday. I bought my sketchbook. (Yes, I had to buy one. All of my art "stuff" is in storage). And I will post a sketch a week. No critiques allowed. That's the beauty of sketching. It's practice; it's warming up. There is freedom in sketching.

So I had been feeling this way when, lo and behold, I find this link for a sketchbook project . I do believe this may be a sign. I find this project just fascinating! Check it out.

Have a lovely, project-filled week.

No comments:

Post a Comment