Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The End is Almost Here (of school, that is)

I can hardly believe that tomorrow is the last day of school for my first grader, Emma. She had such a great year and had a wonderful teacher. We are looking forward to summer, though. We are going to keep busy with swimming lessons, the library reading program, a trip to see family and friends, VBS, camp. Not to mention we are renovating a 140-year-old house and trying to sell our condo! All this and no tv, since I've declared a "no tv" summer. Am I crazy? Yes, probably! Actually, I won't be that strict. I just want the tv off during the day on weekdays. There are just so many fun things to do in the summer and tv is a time-sucker. It's distracting for me, too, when I'm trying to get work done.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Emma and her little brother, Aiden, taken last fall:


Happy summer, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment