Friday, June 11, 2010

By George, I Think I've Got It!

Yesterday was the first official day of summer break . I didn't enforce the no-tv rule, yet. Mostly because I had a lot of work to get done. I know, not a good excuse. What am I going to do the rest of the summer?! But it was kind of nice having a lazy day where we didn't have to do anything until last night which was Emma's last t-ball game. Actually it turned out to be just a night of food and trophies but that was alright with me. The kids had fun. Emma got a trophy. Aiden had 2 cupcakes and a piece of cake or, basically, 3 pieces of frosting. Mmmm.

I have still been working on a logo and I do believe I've got it. What do you think?
Can you tell what it is? It's ok if you can't. :)


I wanted something that was happy and simple and fresh. I heart gray but I also love color, too, so this marries my love of both. I dotted one of the i's with a color taken from the dots above so the graphic and the words are cohesive. The font may still need some tweaking but other than that I really like this one.

See below, the logo in different colors. It even works in black and white.

I'm reading the book, 48 Days to Work You Love, by Dan Miller. The forward is by Dave Ramsey. In it, Dave says, "Most of us spend too much of our lives in paralyzing fear, shame, guilt, and dread when it comes to our work. Work has become the daily grind instead of the great adventure it should be." So true! This quote really spoke to me. My wonderful and thoughtful husband got this book for me. I'm going to keep reading through it. It's been good so far.

Happy Designing!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS logo, my dear!

    And, now I MUST get my hands on that book!

    Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megan. :) It's a great book so far. If I was done, I'd send it to you. I'm not really committed to the "48 days" part just because life gets in the way of that time frame, as I'm sure you can relate. But if it takes me 48 or 148 I'm determined to LOVE my work again!

    ReplyDelete